Enrolments 2024

ENROLMENT at Mount Maunganui Intermediate

Welcome to the enrolment section for MMI. Thank you for considering our kura for your child.
PLEASE NOTE - Enrolments for 2025 are not currently open. If you are enrolling for 2024 then follow the process below.
This page contains all enrolment information that you need to enrol your child. There are 4 steps to our enrolment. Please work down the page and through each step. It is important that each step is completed in full.
If you have any enrolment questions please use this email - enrolments@mtint.school.nz

Read all the information about our enrolment zone. 


All students who permanently reside within the school zone (as per the zone map on the right) have the automatic right to attend Mount Maunganui Intermediate.

For more details on our zone, including a more detailed map,  CLICK HERE.


Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.

Make sure that you have a copy of the key document you need to enrol. 

These documents are listed to the right.


Enrolment will not be accepted without proof that you reside within our school zone.

This must be either a recently signed sale and purchase agreement or long term tenancy agreement, a utility invoice, a Council rates invoice, or an acceptable letter from a NZ Government Agency.

Enrolment will not be accepted if your proof of address does not meet these requirements, so please make sure you have the correct proof before proceeding with enrolment.


All children attending need verification of identity. The documents we can accept are:
NZ Birth Certificate
NZ or Australian Passport
NZ Citizenship Certificate
Tokelauan, Cook Island or Niuean accepted certificate.

An overseas Passport as well as proof of Eligibility to Study in NZ (Compulsory). 

Eligibility to study needs to be either a Student Visa, Residency Visa or a Citizenship Certificate for the student. Visitor Visas do not give a child eligibility to study in NZ. If you need clarification around eligibility please phone the school office.

IMMUNISATION (Not Compulsory)

This information can be found in your child’s Plunket book or on your child’s immunisation certificate.

Please note that it is not compulsory for your child to be immunised, but we are required by the Health (Immunisation) Regulations 1995 to keep an immunisation register for all students enrolled at our school.


FORM 1 – Enrolment Form

FORM 2 – Declaration Form


Complete Forms 3 and 4 from the tabs to the right.